Simple Lentil Soup Recipe: Use this weight loss recipe for a light dinner or to food prep for a few days. It’s easy to make, tastes delicious and is low in fat. And if you didn’t know lentils are packed with protein! Not only that but lentils are packed with cholesterol-lowering fiber. If you like this healthy recipe make sure to share it with a friend too 🙂
Simple Lentil Soup: Makes 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound lentils, picked and rinsed
- 1 cup peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 quarts chicken broth, fat free, reduced sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground toasted cumin
- Optional, spoonful of fat free cottage cheese
- Optional, 1 cup of spinach
- Put the olive oil in a 6-quart Dutch oven and place over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery and salt. Sauté for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes, broth, coriander and cumin; stir to combine. Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture just to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook at a low simmer until the lentils are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, puree the soup to your desired consistency. Serve with cottage cheese and sprinkle with spinach if desired.
Nutritional Information: One serving equals: 240 calories, 2g fat, 35g carbohydrate, 16g protein.
For more recipes to lose weight and recipes to make at home make sure you check back each week, Want to learn how to never diet again? Check out our blog on Nutrition Systems and how this shift can help you see long term results.
Lose 30lbs Or More With K-Fitness
Here at K-Fitness Personal Training Calgary, we specialize in helping clients who want to lose 20-30lbs or more, beat the yo-yo weight loss cycle, become happy with their body and confident in their clothes. Come in and see for yourself the difference working with professionals can make. Apply to work with us Right Here. We are located at 560 69 Ave SW. Follow us on Instagram, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more conversations on weight loss, changing habits and developing your confidence.
With so many options to choose from for a gym in Calgary, why should you choose K-Fitness for your group training and fitness needs? First, we specialize in helping beginners and intermediates with weight loss. We utilized a hybrid mix of strength and cardio circuits with a focus on functional movement using dumbbells, kettlebells, TRX, medicine balls, landmines etc.
If you don’t want boot camp or group training we do have one-on-one personal training options but availability is limited for that option. For us to better understand your needs it will be easiest to talk in person at the gym. You can schedule a meeting to chat with our team at your convenience HERE.