I love this place!!! After 3 years of being on my own, I needed some extra motivation and encouragement. I was not getting that at my big box gym. I met K in June of last year and I’ll never go back to a big box gym again! I’m in the best shape of my life and excited to go to the gym everyday!
This program is very motivational and has helped me tremendously with my fitness goals. I have lost weight, become more toned and feel great! The people are awesome and Kiernan is very supportive, yet tough when he needs to be to get results! The atmosphere is inspiring and fun making it a workout I look forward to!
I’ve been to many different boot camp classes, but have found this one by far the best!!! K stays on top of your work out to make sure your pushing yourself each and every class. Just because there may be 18 people in a class don’t think he will let you get away with slacking off or using lighter weights than you should be using…. Losing almost 10 inches and 7 pounds in 28 days proved results!!!! Thanks Much!!
K-Fitness has changed my life!
June, 2013 a friend of mine emailed me about a special one month rate at K-Fitness. It included personal training, a meal plan, body measurements, a flexible class schedule, nutritional seminar and some accountability! In just one month of attending the challenging classes I was seeing the results I had always wanted to see and I was hooked!!! I’m now down 2 dress sizes, lost several inches and have finally gotten rid of the 20 lbs I thought would never leave. It isn’t easy to stay committed and focused with any exercise program but with the support, environment and exercises at K-Fitness it makes sticking to it all worthwhile! I’m the closest today to being the person I’ve always aspired to be!
Thank you Kiernan!
Far too often fitness is presented as complicated and confusing, contradicting information can make it hard to sort out fact from fiction. This is mainly caused by our want for a “quick fix” . Once you make the decision to make fitness apart of your everyday life you’ll find that things get a bit more simple..
Here are 25 simple everyday practices to get you to your goals:
Make exercise a regular part of your life. Create a network of accountability with workout partners, friends and family.
Know what you want to accomplish. Visualize the end result of your hard work.
Believe in you. I know that you CAN accomplish your goals.
Don’t be a wimp. Put your phone away turn off the TV and keep the intensity high during your workouts. Remember that you don’t want to kill time; you want to burn calories and strengthen your body through intense exercise.
Drink water all day long.
Know when to ask for help.
Incorporate High Intensity Interval Training into your routine by doing bursts of high intensity rather than exercising at a recovery pace to catch your breath.
Maintain your metabolism by eating a healthy snack or meal every three hours. This food should be unprocessed, low in fat and high in fiber.
Forget will-power; it’s about WANT-power. How badly do you want it.
Avoid processed and packaged foods. These items are high in empty calories and contain a plethora of chemicals that are harmful to your health.
Avoid refined sugar at all costs.
It’s OK to be a skeptic. Watch out for products that are labeled as ‘health food’. Always read the nutrition labels and make your own informed opinion.
Talk is cheap. Act now and get the job done.
Exercise with people that are in better shape than you. This will encourage you to push your limits.
Never indulge in negative self-talk.
Don’t drink calories. Sodas and even fruit juices add in extra calories and sugar you don’t need, stick to water and tea.
Keep consistent. Exercise at least three or four times each week.
Never eat High Fructose Corn Syrup. It spikes your blood sugar levels and encourages your body to store fat.
Eat plenty of whole plant foods. Vegetables, fruits and whole grains are filled with fiber and antioxidants, great for good health and weight loss.
Do your cardiovascular exercise after weight training to encourage more fat burn. Your stored sugars will be depleted during the weight training then your body will rely on fat stores to get you through the cardio workout.
Eat breakfast everyday. It should be a balance of carbohydrates, protein and fat to get your metabolism going strong.
Challenge yourself during each workout. Try something new and exciting. Use timed workouts to push yourself beyond your comfort zone.
Set specific, measurable goals and track your progress.
If you hit a plateau don’t get frustrated, make changes and keep moving.
Reward your success. The small victories and the big wins.
How many times have you said, ” I’ll start again on Monday.. after the holidays.. as soon as work slows down?” I’m sure you’ve convinced yourself more than a few times that it wasn’t an excuse, but truth be told it is. Never fear, I have 5 easy steps for you to follow to not only get back on track but stay there and get into the best shape of your life.
1. Be Specific- “lose 20lbs” isn’t specific enough, you need to put a deadline, measurements and pictures to really get specific.
2. Know why you want it- knowing why you want to change is just as important as getting to your goal. Usually its because of unhappiness, dissatisfaction, ridicule, fear the list goes on. Remember that reason, it will be the motivation that keeps you going when things get tough and you want to give up. Keep that motivation close by, like a picture on your wall or fridge or even in your phone so just you can see it.
3. Be Realistic- If you haven’t gotten off the couch for 10 years and you expect to see results in 2 weeks, you’ve already failed. Choose something challenging but realistic and once you’ve hit that then start to add up more goals. And don’t forget to reward yourself for reaching them.
4. Take Immediate Action- We all know what we need to do to see results, eat better and exercise but it’s so easy to fall off the wagon. Make your workouts appointments that can’t be missed and find a support team to help you with your eating habits, get cook books and healthy recipes to help with the transition away from packaged and processed foods which you should be avoiding at all costs.
5. Get Back Up- The only way we truly fail is when we stop trying, there are going to be ups and downs, triumphs and failures. Don’t get down on yourself. Find a support team to help pick you up when things get tough. The time is going to pass regardless, so before you know it you’ll be down 10,20 maybe even 30lbs feeling good and having more energy than you’ve had in years.
Commited to your success,