You can tell when someone’s life has been changed and how big of an impact exercise has had on their life by how much they talk about it.
You don’t need to look any further than your Facebook feed either. We all have at least one friend who went from posting about weekly wine nights, hangover pho dates and Netflix binges to back squats, weight loss and the latest gym challenge.
Exercise even saves lives.
So many of your health problems will improve or even disappear as the result of a consistent exercise program. With as little as 30 minutes a day 3 days a week you could reap the rewards of a healthier life.
I’ve seen firsthand the healing power of exercise. I’ve had a client who at age 32 had a stroke and another at age 33 had a heart attack. Both have had their lives changed for the better with exercise.
With our hectic lives and technological advances it’s becoming far too easy to slip into poor health and in my opinion, health issues related to inactivity have become accepted as a part of life. But I assure you down the road we will pay for this one way or another, and the longer you wait the harder it will become to start.
I know you have your reasons for why you feel you “can’t start now” but I have 5 reasons you can…
1. You’ll Feel Great: The first thing that clients tell me after starting my exercise program is how much better they feel.
People don’t realize how bad they feel on a day-to-day basis. They just get used to feeling bad. Then when they start exercising they feel so much better; their energy levels skyrocket and they feel amazing for the first time in years and that’s what really gets them hooked.
2. No more Pain: Over time my clients notice a reduction in aches and pains. Chronic muscle and joint pain that they’ve lived with for years begins to fade. For some, joint replacement surgery is postponed. For others, arthritis pain is reduced.
Your muscles and joints feel better than ever and you are able to do what you want each day and that’s empowering to people who have given up hobbies due to poor health.
3. Eliminate Heart Disease: While clients can’t feel this healing benefit of exercise the same way they feel the post workout endorphin boost, it is the one that saves lives. Exercise removes two of the major risk factors that lead to heart disease:
- physical inactivity and;
Exercise also increases your good cholesterol (HDL) and lowers your blood pressure.
No one ever brags about this benefit like they do dropping 2 pants sizes but reducing your risk of heart attack or stroke makes sure you get to keep on bragging about your fitness for years to come.
4. Eliminate Type 2 Diabetes: Clients who come in with type 2 diabetes gain substantial benefits from exercise. Exercise improves the body’s use of insulin, and the related weight loss improves insulin sensitivity.
5. Eliminate Sleep Apnea: Clients with sleep apnea are often caught in a destructive cycle. Their weight promotes occurrences of apnea then inadequate sleep promotes weight gain.
When you are sleeping well you wake up refreshed and exercise and weight loss becomes easier.
You wouldn’t believe how many excuses lack of sleep is responsible for. Make sure to get your 6-8 hours each night.
With all of these benefits it’s hard to see why anyone would avoid exercise.
Stop with the excuses and start living your best life.