Do you struggle with meal prep? If so you’re not alone, many people I talk to say it’s one of their biggest struggles.
Today I have 5 tips to simplify meal prep and save you time.
- Tackle your biggest challenge first: If dinner is your biggest obstacle during the week, spend a few minutes prepping some lean protein and low-maintenance veggies that you can batch cook later on. If you’re not a morning person and it’s breakfast you struggle with make sure you have it planned out the night before. Having a good start to the day sets you up for success.
- Pre-chop your fruits and veggies: One of the best time savers is to wash and pre chop all your fruits and veggies as soon as you get home from the grocery store. And although most people prefer fresh, don’t forget about frozen produce, which are just as nutritious.
- Prep the night before: It’s perfectly okay to divvy up your food prep into several smaller sessions. Each person’s meal prep ritual is going to be different depending on his or her schedule and situation. Keep your weekly meal plan in plain sight as a reminder for what you need to prepare for the next day.
- Make use of your leftovers: We all have weeks where food prep just isn’t possible. That’s why it’s a good idea to freeze soups and stews as backups to help get you through those times when you just don’t have the time. If sealed properly they can last months in the freezer and can be used in a moments notice.
- Assemble your team: Divy up food prep duties between family members, it’s only fair! This will also help you teach your kids about proper eating habits and teach them how to cook. Even younger children can learn to wash produce, help put groceries away and package the meals. These are invaluable life skills. It’s time to share the load and take the weight off your shoulders.
There you have 5 tips to help you through the week. If you want extra help with your nutrition don’t hesitate to reach out to me.